If you haven't planned anything for New Years this year, IT IS NOT TOO LATE! At the end of the day, it is the company you keep that makes it a good party so here are some easy last minute ways to pull together a Fabulous New Year Party, then let me know how it goes! Here are some great ideas to get you started! For the links to these pics check our Soworkweekchic Pinterest Page:
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Hey Professionistas! Recently my husband and I went on a double date with friends to Chima Brazilian Steakhouse and it was fantastic! Chima's is definitely pricey but well worth it. What separates this steakhouse from the rest for us is that the sides are just as good as all of the meat selections. So if you have a special night coming up and you want a place to celebrate then come try this great restaurant near Tyson's Corner, VA. If you are fretting about what to wear on this hot date then here are a few tips to remember:
- Color Me Beautiful: Don't be afraid to go for a sexy smoldering eye. It is easy to do, goes great with a nude lip and looks great in dim lighting. Also if you will be eating so a nude lip might be exactly what you need. The last this you want to do is reapply your lipstick color every few minutes. If you don't have a nude lip and you are looking for the right color, then look here.
- Be Seen- Pull out your figure flattering dresses and show you beautiful curves. Grab the boldest color in your closet and dare people not to notice you on this special night. Not ready for a lot of color then grab a blinged out clutch and draw some attention.
- Layer on the Sexy- Grab a coat, blazer or sweater to stay warm as many of the date night places may be cold however be weary of covering up too much. You don't want too bundled up during dinner.
- Soft to the touch- Don't be afraid to layer, like in this weeks style challenge, with textures like leather or cashmere. Touch can be a powerful tool so make sure you are using it to your advantage.
What are your go to looks for date night?
Friday, December 12, 2014
Who : Phylece LaVally CEO & Co-Founder of Fee La Vee Botanicals
What: Colorful leather/ recycled leather/ distressed leather
Bag: Distressed leather- Culpeper leather artisan
Sunglasses: Vintage Foster Grants
T-shirt- Calvin Klein
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
This amazing multitasking piece paired with feminine staples makes this trend the look of the moment. Pairing this sleeveless piece with a leather blazer for this weeks SWWC Style Challenge Week 11: leather challenge was just one of the many ways to sport this great piece. If you have a sleeveless coat like this think about pairing it with:
- a flowy blouse to soften the tailored lines of the coat
- a large tote to add to the structured look with out being so stuffy
- a cropped hem or skinny jean to help balance out and elongate proportions
- a classic stiletto or heeled bootie to add polish
How will you rock your leather? Let us know by #swwcleatherlady
Friday, December 5, 2014
It is getting colder and the perfect time to add a few layers! So take this weeks challenge to try the boyish look! Still wondering how to pull it off? Check out this weeks Top 10 Inspirational looks from Pinterest for the #SWWC Style Challenge Week 10: Trying a Boyish Look. Head over to the SoWorkWeekChic Pinterest site for your weekly pinspiration and make sure you email, instagram, tweet and Facebook your week 4 looks to us with the #swwcboyishlook, so your look can encourage other working women to challenge their work week uniform by joining the style challenge.